Flip Through Our Family Album...

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Trying to Sleep

Well here I am in bed at home watching Jose sleep and being jealous that I can't do the same. My wonderful family came over today and helped us finish cleaning the house so everything would be ready for Almaya to come home. We finished so early that Jose and I had a couple hours to take a nap before we head to the hospital at midnight. It's never easy to sleep while you are pregnant but I am finding it impossible to sleep tonight. I am a very large mixture of excited and terrified. I kept telling myself that I wasn't nervous to give birth this time around because I knew what to expect, but now that it's just around the corner I am beginning to actually remember what it's like and I think I am even more scared this time than the first time. With Helaman I had a horrible experience with the epidural--I was shaking and throwing up the whole time. So this time I am going to try to go as long as I can without it. Hrm, we will see how that goes. Well, I suppose I'd better try to get a few minutes rest before we head out. Love you all! We will keep you posted...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Misty!!!

The Andersens said...

i'm glad you're trying to get some sleep.
it always makes me angry that Doctors put moms in labor at midnight...and then postpone any big developments until the morning when they get there. its so rude!!! let the poor moms get some sleep through the night and start labor in the morning!
lame dumb selfish doctors!!!
i really hope you get some sleep, and that this labor is NOTHING like the last one. i hope you are comfortable and in no pain, i hope you can get rest, and i hope there is no throwing up involved.
i love you tons! i am also thinking of and praying for you constantly!
love you guys!
we're excited to meet you little maya!

The Knudsen's said...

Good Luck! I am excited for you!

Allie said...

Thought I would check before i went to bed. I will check back first thing in the morning good luck Misty I am so glad you have Jose by your side love you both. See ya tomorrow. Allie

The Andersens said...

um...where's the updates???
seriously.
i hope everything is progressing well and that you got some sleep last night!

Allie said...

I am looking for any update anything yet man you thing you two have something better to do then blog. ha ha Im just checking and hoping all is well. my thoughts are will you. Love both of you Allison

kalani said...

I hope all is going well Misty and Jose. I am so excited to see your new baby girl. I will be thinking about you and praying for you.