Flip Through Our Family Album...

Monday, January 19, 2009

It's a Girl!!





















Almaya Paulina de la Luz Sanchez was born at 12:43 pm today. Sorry it's taken so long to update everything. I haven't been able to have two seconds without people visiting us in the room. So blame everyone else that came to visit us. haha
Here are the specs: 7.5 lbs 20 inches Blackish brown hair Brownish eyes Jose's nose Jose's mouth My eyes My forehead and Jose's dark skin

Once again I didn't have a very good experience with the epidural. It's didn't seem to do much, even after raising the dose--it just made it so I could feel the pain but couldn't move. So I was starting to really lose hope, honestly I was giving up. Jose gave me a blessing. They checked me about 20 min. later and I had gone from a 3 to a 6 (as previously mentioned). I found hope in that but figured it would still be another 4 or 5 hours. An hour later I asked Jose to help me turn over to my other side and he started freaking out because he said I was gushing blood. I got a little worried and called the nurse in. She took one look at me and said "she's coming" then ran out the door to get the doctor. The doctor came running in about 5 seconds later and they started running all over everywhere trying to get their scrubs on before she popped out. I was so confused and surprised. My mother was going to tape the birth for all of you guys to watch (a G-rated view of course). I asked the doctor if we could wait 10 min. for my mother to get there and he said "she's comin out right now!" So I pushed 9 times and she popped out. Very very different delivery from the last one. (Thank goodness). Thanks to all of your prayers and the power of the priesthood. The Lord definately had mercy on me and helped her pop right out.

Her personality? Just the same as we had experienced during utero. She is so calm and patient with everything. When she was born she didn't even cry. There was a bit of a whimper, then just wide eyes looking at everyone trying to figure out what was going on. She is so precious and such a blessing to us. We love her so much already.

Here are some pics of her (though she is much cuter in real life). : ) I will try to get the video to work as well so you can see her in motion.

7 comments:

Bev said...

I AM so happy for you guys I am glad it worked out well. have fun. I remember how good it felt to not be pregnant anymore. Now the fun can begin!

Roods said...

CONGRATS!!!! I am so happy for you guys. I can't wait to meet her in person. Love you both

Amy Finnegan {BookshopTalk.com} said...

Yay!! Wonderful!! What a beautiful little niece you two have made for me :) Thank you!! Ha Ha.

Prayers have been answered, and Maya has a proud older brother who looked over her with love today.

Congratulations! Jose, thank you so much for always being such a great support for Misty. You are such a blessing in all of our lives :)

We love you all!! Kiss Maya for me!

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO!!!

SHE IS DARLING!!!

WE LOVE YOU

G AND G ATKINSON

kalani said...

She is so beautiful. I knew she would be since her mama is so beautiful. I am so glad she is healthy and doing well. Give her hugs from me and the kids. We love you guys.

The Knudsen's said...

YAY! CONGRATS!

kristen said...

We are so happy for you guys! You are going to be such amazing parents. She is one lucky and beautiful little girl! Congratulation!
Love,
the Atkinson fam