Flip Through Our Family Album...

Monday, January 19, 2009

Finally Got the Internet to Work!!

We have been wanting to update ever since we got here at midnight but couldn't get the internet to work. Urgh. Well, I suppose it was a mixture of the internet and my computer. So my mom brought up her computer and it works!!!

Here is what's been happening for the last 10 hours---NOTHING!!! We got here at midnight. By the time we got checked in and everything it was about 1 am when they finally started the potossin. By 7 am they checked me again and I had dialated from a 2 to a 2. Yeah, six hours of contractions for nothing. The nurse said that my body was still trying to fight the medicine thinking that it is still not time for Maya to be born and wouldn't get the hint until they broke my water. The doctor broke my water at 7:15 which definatly threw me into hard labor right away. Wow, very hard labor. I got the epidural a few minutes ago because the doctor said I wasn't going to progress because I was fighting the contractions too much.

They just checked me and I am dialated to a 3 and 80% efaced. Progress. Yay! That's a definate plus.

We will post every time there is an update now that we have a computer that works.

3 comments:

kalani said...

I feel your pain Misty. I didn't progress quickly with any of my kids. Good Luck over the next few hours. I hope it goes fast now that you have an epidural. I love you tons.

Brittney said...

yeah for progress! i hope that all goes well for the next little while. i just wanted to let you know that i was thinking about you guys and that you are all in my prayers. i love you tons!!

Allie said...

We are all thinking of a number between 1 and 10 wanting a10 for you ASAP but hoping for at least a 5 by the next update. Love you and good luck. Allison