Flip Through Our Family Album...

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Rock Legends...or Crazed Lunatics???

Ahhh, Rock Band...how we love and loathe you.......

I am not sure if that game ever comes to an end. I think it is impossible to win. It just keeps going and going and going.

Our award winning band, THE LAMANITES, had finally reached super stardom and been invited to Moscow to play a 58 song set. Now, this set had to be played straight through---no breaks, no pausing--nothing. We are, however, the forever true Rock Band enthusiasts and decided that we must not let our fans down.

So, the fateful night finally approach...Austin, Me, Jose, Alysia and Topher all stood poised for the challenge. It took us a total of 5 hours, but we prevailed!!! We will now be the band to live in infamy.

Hehe It was a blast but very tiring. Here is some proof of our legendary show...

Topher, Alysia, Austin and me (and Anni and Meg and even my mom a few times) took turns shredding on the guitar and bass...




but poor Jose---he is the only one of us who can play the drums on medium and hard and still get above 98% every time--so he had to play the entire 5 hours without a break. I know, he's incredible, he gets it from me! This picture was taken right after finishing the 58 song set--haha Jose looks a bit worn out.


Check out that cool guitar that Topher's holding. It was Jose's birthday present from Topher and Alysia. Thanks guys!!!!


The Drum King

4 comments:

The Andersens said...

his birthday was so much fun!! i'm so glad toph and i could come and be part of his Amasing olympics. and psh...of course you would've won! but you were totally going easy to give us all an ego boost!
guitar hero was a blast! and i was tired after 5 songs so you and jose are super rockers. :)
can't wait to see you guys tonight at the graduation!!

kalani said...

Jose rocks. You guys need to play with us again. We miss you guys.

kristen said...

holy cow! 5 hours straight? amazing. I hear Jose is quite the legendary drummer. I love the drums too, but can't do too many songs on hard yet. I'll have to get some lessons. We would love to play with you guys sometime.

Amy Finnegan {BookshopTalk.com} said...

Totally fun, Misty - I wish I could've been there!! But trust me, I stink!!! At EVERY single instrument! Eek!

:) Amy