Flip Through Our Family Album...

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Our Christmas Surprise

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope the holiday was a good one for all of you. It was nice for Jose and I--a little sad, but overall pretty good.

Maya, Heli and Me Notice the pajama pants--they were part of Alysia and Topher's present to Jose. He went to put them on in the morning but I stole them before he could. hehe They are SOOO comfy! In fact, I am wearing them right now. haha Poor Jose, one of these days I will let him wear them. : )
Jose making fun of me for crying when I read the Christmas letter he wrote for me. He really is a hopeless romantic and I love him for it!!
We were very blessed by all the presents we got from our family and friends. Thank you everyone--we love you all. [Not just because of the presents : ) ]

We almost got a pretty big Christmas surprise last night from Maya. I went into labor yesterday. We went to the hospital about nine at night and the nurses called my doctor to see if he wanted them to try to stop the contractions or if he wanted to let them keep going and let her be born. Poor Maya, she wants to come out so badly but the doctor was nervous letting her be born so early (about 35 1/2 weeks). So they kept me there in the hospital giving me injections every hour to try to stop the contractions. I was only dilated to a 1 but I was thinning out pretty quickly so although they were pretty much able to stop the contractions by about 1 AM, I am not sure how much longer we will be able to keep her in there. The nurse said that once I hit 36 weeks (in about 4 days) they most likely won't stop her from coming. The doctor wants to see her wait another 3 weeks, and Maya obviously is wanting to come out now--so we will have to see which one gets their way : ) Until then it's just a waiting and guessing game.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi There you wonderous people!
I just read your blog. You have been on my mind all the time. Glad to have an update.

Maya, you hang in there!

We love you so much and pray for you daily.

If you can just make it 10 more days- she will have stronger lungs. Then you can hear her scream a block away when she wakes up for her 3:00AM feeding. HeHe

Love, Grandma Atkinson

kalani said...

I am on edge waiting for the announcement. Maybe Maya wants to be the first baby of the year. I can't wait to meet your pretty little girl. I hope you are doing okay. I know you probably won't need my help but if you do, don't hesitate to call. I am always here for you.
Love ya tons and tons,
Kalani

Brittney said...

hey girl!! that is so much fun. hopefully she will wait until she is strong enough. it is exciting though. and i would love to teach your kids any day. once i am offically a teacher i will see where i end up and what i can do. love ya tons and if you ever need anything let me know!!

The Andersens said...

seriously...i check your blog every day, and there's never anything. then a week goes by, i check again, and you have 3 new posts!
gah!
i'm glad you guys were able to have a bittersweet, but mostly happy, christmas. you two deserve it more than anyone else i know.
i love you both so much and am so happy for you to be having almaya soon you will both be amazing parents.
i'm glad you like the pj pants!