Flip Through Our Family Album...

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I went to the Doctor this Morning...

This last week has been a really rough one for me. I have had quite a bit of pain and quite frequent and regular contractions, then this morning I started bleeding. I went to the doctor and he seemed to be a bit worried with the all the contractions and the bleeding so he checked everything out and said it all looks good but sentenced me to strict bed rest. Blah. He wanted to put me on a medication that would stop the contractions but quite frankly it scares me to be taking medication of any sort while I am pregnant so I asked if there was another option and he said that if I would take the bed rest seriously then he would see how I am doing at my next appointment to see if I need to get on the medication.

We also talked about when we could plan to deliver the baby. I wanted to deliver it at the end of 36 weeks but he was nervous that her lungs wouldn't be developed by then so he said he wants to see me every week to do a full check on everything--if there looks like anything is wrong he will deliver the baby starting at my next appointment. If everything looks good at all my appointments, and I haven't started into labor on my own, he will start me at 38 weeks which means anytime in between Jan. 8 and Jan. 15.

I am glad he will be doing so many checks and tests on everything during these last few weeks because I am definitely very nervous, to say the least. And I am also glad that we have finally set a date, more or less, so I can start planning.

7 comments:

Bev said...

Bed rest is no fun. But you can get people to do lots for you like the dishes and laundry. When i was on bed rest my people in my ward brought me tons of magazines which was quite fun. We will be p[raying for you guys

Alysia said...

lucky lucky you!!!
you can sit in bed all day and watch TV and eat lots of junk food!
sounds like the life.
;)
i'm sorry misty. i know that that doesn't excite you in the least. :(
but seriously just take it easy!! you push yourself so hard taking care of you and your husband, and your baby as well as everyone else around you, no wonder you're on bed rest!!!
just relax, and enjoy your last 8-10 weeks of a baby free house. i know that may sound awful...but...trust me, the screaming really isn't all THAT wonderful. :)
love you TONS. and i think you're AMAZING in SO MANY WAYS.
you are going to be a wonderful mommy! now give your body a rest to get ready for your little maya!!!
love ya!

Allie said...

Misty, If you need to go on the medication I took it with both Callie and Rachael the only side affect i didnt like was it made me shake and i worked up till i hade rachael but i did get alot of looks when my hand shock like i was comming of of drug use or somthing but it was worth it after having Bradey 6 1/2 weeks early. So even if he puts you on it try to stay down also it will help with the shaking call me if you need anything I will be in town the rest of the month and even if i am at a store i can get there within 30 mins from farthest point love ya Allie

Anonymous said...

Misty,
Please stay
DOWN!
We can't come to the fiesta on Saturday. I know you are in charge, but stay home and stay down. You have gone through so much and given so much to so many. Please take care of yourself. Listen to Dr. Meek. What ever he says. He is doing all he can to make sure your have a healthy little girl. You realatives will understand if you do not come. You have paid for most of it and probably most of your contractions now have been caused in part by all you have done to prepare this party,

I love you
GRandma Atkinson

Maria said...

Hi Misty! I am sorry to hear you are on bedrest, but I am sure your body need this. Take it easy and try to take advantage of some quiet time now.

kalani said...

I am so sorry for the complete bed rest. I feel for you. I hated having early contractions. Like Allie said, the pills really aren't that bad and they don't hurt the baby they just help keep her inside so she can grow. I didn't care for them but I didn't want to have Dalek and Kalea as early as I had Kiani. Good Luck and know we are all here for you and love you tons and tons.

Bev said...

how was your baby shower. BTW I tagged you