Flip Through Our Family Album...

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Belly Update

After posting all those pictures of Almaya I figured I'd better post one of what she looks like from the outside since I have pretty much been a hermit and none of you have seen me lately.Here I am at 22 weeks. I am currently in my 23rd week and ever expanding. : )

To answer some questions...

I am doing fine so far as the bed rest. I just try to stay calm and I am usually fine. In fact, the last week or so I haven't had hardly any contractions so I think things are looking up.

The pronunciation of Maya's name is Alma (like the name in the Book of Mormon) mixed with Maya (like the fairly popular girl's name). For those who speak Spanish it has the same kind of ending as "playa" or beach.

Some updates on the pregnancy...Maya is still doing great. She is getting a lot more active the bigger she gets. She definitely doesn't like loud noises. I think they scare her. I am coaching volleyball for the Young Woman in my branch and she always gets so scared when everyone starts cheering. It makes me sad because I just want to cuddle her and cover her ears. We have our first big game today so we will see how Almaya reacts to even more cheering. : )

Oh, by the way, I added a "Followers Gadget" to the top right-hand side of the blog. Make sure to click on the "become a follower" button so I can see who all reads the blog. I know there are a lot of you out there that drop in from time to time but never leave comments so I never even know you were here. Also, those of you who have Blogs, I highly suggest setting up a following, it's really fun and makes it so much easier to keep track of your loved one's blogs. By the way, who else has blogs that I don't know about? Do you have one Amy? How about Alli? Anyone else? I love reading everyone's blogs and keeping up on what you are all doing. Sorry I hardly ever leave comments but know that I read them often!!

6 comments:

Allie said...

Hey misty I am glad to see you even if it is a picture. You look great!!The word glowing comes to mind. As for a blog no I dont I only have facebook. If you click on my following pic it will bring up all the blogs I watch at that point you will see two other family blogs you dont have on your links just make sure you list the one called drama chicks under that name and not whos blog it really is after you read it you will know why. The other one is julia's janice's daughter.Also there is a blog link there named pictures it has some dang cool picture so guy finds and post it is cool to look through them.Call meif you cant pull them off my blogger watch and I will give you the bloger address If you have facebook I am under allison andersen cadman. hope to see you soon. Allie

Bev said...

This is your cousin Bev. i look at you blog often. I figured that is how you said the baby's name but wasn't sure. I have a blog. I can't figure out how to become a follower of yours. My blog address is www.bevthegreat.blogspot.com

kalani said...

You look so darn beautiful. I really miss you tons. I can hardly wait until that cute little girl is out so I can hold her. (Don't hurry too fast though Almaya. You can wait until you are bigger.) Love you guys tons and tons.

Anonymous said...

WHAT IS IN YOUR STOMACH?????!! you might want to get that looked at...

Amy Finnegan {BookshopTalk.com} said...

You look BEE-utiful, Misty. Truly. You are so radiant and I love seeing that light back on your face, even after all you've been through this year.

I've read the most recent posts as well, but I thought I'd just leave all my comments on this one.

I agree that Jose is wonderful. I knew it the day I met him - I knew why you had fallen in love, and I sensed that you two would be together forever :)

I am also grateful that he's in your life. You have made good choices, Misty, and that is why the Lord has blessed you with a great husband - who has also made good choices!

:) I LOVE the name for your baby. Every Maya I've ever known is supremely darling!

Oh, I AM working on a blog, but I don't have it all ready yet. Also, I have the blog where I post my novels in progress, so let me know if you are interested in that :)

Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

My Dear , Sweet Misty--
I wish I could be there and give you a BIG hug!

You and Jose' are two of my heroes.

I pray for the three of you twice a day.


Oh, please take care of yourself.

I love you,

Grandma