Flip Through Our Family Album...

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Together Forever








Jose and I were sealed in the LDS temple in Salt Lake City on Feb. 22 2007. I think how he proposed was incredibly romantic, but I may be a bit bias. We had been fighting quite a bit pretty much our entire relationship because of the language and background barriers. We finally decided to call it quits and break up. We had a dinner scheduled with his family that Wednesday so we decided to go to that dinner then we would never have to see each other again. So Jose called me that morning and asked me to come up early from Provo and meet him in Temple Square in Salt Lake before the dinner. So I met him there and he took me to the reflection pond in front of the Temple and he said, "I know you think that you are better off without me, but I know that I can make you happier than any other man in the world because I know I love you more than any man could ever love you. Will you marry me?" What woman could resist that line?! So he won me over. That was the 22 of Feb. 2006. We were engaged for exactly a year almost to the hour. We have now been married for a year and I am happy to say that Jose has more than lived up to his promisel. He truely has made me happier than I ever thought was possible. I don't know what I ever did to deserve him but I honestly think that I am married to the absolute most perfect man on the planet.

Planning the wedding was definately stressful but also incredibly fun. Although I would never suggest being engaged for a year--wow that was tough. But it was worth it! It was made even better when the majority of Jose's family moved here from Mexico just a few weeks before we were married, which was a complete surprise. I don't think I had ever realized how much Jose had missed his family until he saw them again for the first time in four years. He truely loves his family without limit--I suppose that's just how he is--he has the pure love of Christ for everyone in his life. Anyway, back to planning the wedding...it was a blast, but by far the most fun part was when we took a trip down to Arches National Park for three days with Jose and my mom and sister, Anni, to get our bridal pictures taken. By the way the guy who took the pictures was Alan Johnson, Alysia's brother. I highly highly recommend him--he was incredible!!! In fact I have a link to his website here in this blog. Here are some random pictures from that adventure. It was sooooooo cold!!! But so much fun!

There's my beautiful and amazing mother!!Jose checkin' his teeth in the reflector

Can we say COLD???!!!!!!!! In between every photo we had to throw a blanket over me and warm up my ears and nose so they wouldn't look red in the photos.
Poor baby, he got a little tired
Always the gentleman he even carried my bouquet for me. Ahhh

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Misty, wow you up dated again i am impressed you look great i love the wedding pictures. when are you going to bring jose for band practice at my house.Allie

VAC Andersen Family said...

I must agree Misty, you truely did luck out with a great man/friend for a husband---but then so did he with you!! You are an awesome pair! Love you tons--looking forward to more :O)
Mom

Amy Finnegan {BookshopTalk.com} said...

Misty, I love these pictures! I've never seen those before :)

You were such a beautiful bride!! And I agree, Jose is amazing. I am so glad he's in our family.

I've really loved reading your blog - keep it up! Those pics of you from when you were little brought me both laughter and tears. Time goes by to quickly. I remember you looking just like that and it makes me smile :)

Amy