Flip Through Our Family Album...

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Jose's Baptism September 11, 2005

I forgot to post this earlier...chronologically speaking this should have been posted before my wedding post, but oh well. Jose was always interested in the church from the get-go. As soon as we started dating he noticed that I didn't drink alcohol, so he stopped. Then he noticed other little things like I didn't drink coffee or caffiene, so he stopped that too. He later told me that it was because he thought I was the most amazing person he has ever met so he wanted to be just like me, (ahhhhh, I know he's a stud). After only a few months of knowing me he asked me if he could get baptized. It took me quite by surprise and I said, "well I suppose you should go to church first at least once." hehe So we went to the spanish branch the next week and found the missionaries. They said they would be by that week to teach him the first discussion, but they never showed up. So the next week they apologized and said they would be by that week, once again they never showed up. Now, those of you who know Jose know that he is the world's best at holding grudges, and he was quite upset that he had been stood up for two weeks in a row, so when the missionaries finally came he decided he wanted to punish them so he didn't tell them that he wanted to be baptized for about a month. haha Bad boy, bad boy. But he finally did tell them and they, as well as I, were estatic. He didn't, however, tell his family until the day before. Needless to say they were not estatic. I would go more along the lines of furious--but they eventually got used to the idea and even showed up for a while to show their support.


Jose asked Topher a few days before if he would be willing to baptize him. Of course he was happy to do it; the only problem was that Jose wanted it in Spanish...so Topher had to learn to prayer in Spanish, but he did amazing! Not a single mistake. (He learns perfection from me hehe)






Elder Padget and Elder Lopez were the two missionaries that taught Jose the discussions. We will forever be indebted and grateful to them for serving a mission and for all the patience and prayers they had in Jose's behalf.


WE LOVE YOU ELDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




From them on Jose completely changed. There is no way I will ever be able to explain how exactly, but he had....a light, I suppose. He was so different, in ever aspect. I had liked the pre-baptism Jose, but I fell in love with who he became after---he had the light of Christ, and that has made all the difference in our relationship. It definately was not easy for him to change so much. It's still not easy for him, but he knows it's worth it, and I have a deeper respect for him than I can ever express for doing it each and every day. I love him with all my heart and admire who he has become.

4 comments:

Roods said...

That was such a special day. I'm so glad that I could be there to share it with you guys. Both of you are such amazing people! I love you guys so much.

Unknown said...

Jose is so little!!

Brenda said...

heyeeeyeyeeyey esta bien chida la pagina jejeje ya salemos de vacaciones jejeje:)

Anonymous said...

Where's the Bishop?? You're not supose to take pictures of the baptismal service. Check the General handbook of instruction.