Flip Through Our Family Album...

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Ever Growing

Well, I have gotten to the point in my pregnancy where people have begun to ask me how many babies I am carrying. It happened last pregnancy, but it's still depressing. It's fine to hear about how freakishly huge I am the first 200 times, but it gets old after that and is starting to chip away at my self esteem. Also, my belly button never popped back in after the birth of Helaman so now it sticks out so far that you can still see it even when I am wearing four layers--I guess that tricks people because they always think that means I'm about to give birth. Here is a picture of me this last week at 27 weeks...
While I have been ever growing so has Almaya...she has gotten so much more active these last couple of weeks. Her eyes have opened this last week or so and her ears have finished developing. I have definitely noticed a change in her behavior since these two things have happened. She is much more consistent to how she reacts to things happening both inside and outside her little utero world. She seems to be experimenting a lot more with her body and new-found control over it. I know this is happening at a usually pace, but it still seems really late because Helaman was developing these skills much much earlier.

One new joy that Maya has found is bouncing. A few days ago she discovered that when I lay down to go to sleep on my side she can turn sideways, put her feet against my belly so she can touch the surface of the bed, and kick off the bed as hard as she can with both feet. This will make her bounce which will in turn make her head hit the other side of my uterus. I am not sure why she enjoys this sensation, but she absolutely loves it. She will do it over and over and over for hours. Needless to say, I haven't slept in almost a week. It's cute, and funny to see from the outside because you can see the bed bounce as she kicks off it then her head hit the other side of my belly, but it's not very comfortable for me. : )

As for me...I am doing ok. I am getting very tired of being pregnant, although I still have quite a ways to go. I don't have as many charlie-horses in my legs as I did with Helaman but I have more in my back. The number of daily contractions has stayed about the same so I am grateful that they haven't worsened, but my legs and feet get swollen so fast that it's hard for me to be out of bed for very long. Jose, bless his heart, is being so incredible. I have been so emotional these last few weeks, between the physical pain and discomfort to the daily stress of life and the strong bitter-sweet memories of last Holiday Season ever looming near, it's been hard to handle all at once. But he has been so patient and always making me laugh even when all I want to do is cry.

That's pretty much it on the updates. I am still not sure on the exact due date. The doctor says we will have to wait and see how Almaya continues to develop. So we will both just keep growing and waiting...

7 comments:

Bev said...

You look great. People say the weirdest things to pregnant people!

Allie said...

I think you look like you are glowing and so cute pregnant. I am glad you have jose to take care of you. But still call me if you need anything ok. Allie

Roods said...

Ah you are so cute Misty. I can't believe I haven't seen you since that dance recital. That is just not acceptable. We need to get together soon and catch up on life. I'm glad that things are going well. Love ya!

The Andersens said...

its about TIME you updated!!!!
geesh. ;)
i'm glad that she is developing so well and that you're enjoying her so much.
i hope that you can find every comfort possible, physically and emotionally!
praying for you to get some sleep and for little maya to greet you with a big smile real soon!
love you guys!

Brittney said...

Misty!! i am soo glad to hear how you have been doing. i am have seen you guys in forever. we really need to all get together soon and hang out. i hope that all is going ok. if you need anything at all or if there is anything i can do for you, please let me know. love ya lots!!

Anonymous said...

Our sweet Misty,
I was so very happy to see you had posted again. I am so sorry you are miserable. We pray for you and Jose' and Maya every day. Your mom said Jose's family moved out. Would you like me to come down and clean your house some Wednesday? I would love to. I don't want you to overdo. You just work on growing a baby.
I think you look beautiful!
I love you,
Grandma Atkinson

Amy Finnegan {BookshopTalk.com} said...

Ah, Misty. My heart goes out to you, it really does. I can't begin to imagine what you and Jose are going through emotionally - looking so forward to Maya's birth, but being reminded of Helaman as well.

You are both incredibly strong people, and your good spirits will continue to carry you through this time - I know they will :)

As for your physical discomfort. Man . . . pregnancy was never a great experience for me, but I was also never on bedrest for this long. Eek. I'm so sorry.

I remember something you said on one of your first posts on this blog - something about knowing you would appreciate every little kick (even pain) from your future pregnancies, and I felt that sweet appreciation when I read about your account of Maya "boucning" off your bed. That's really cute.

I'm so excited to meet the dear little thing. We pray for you all every night.

Much love,
your Auntie :)